The Church of England has revised its regulations as to what connection is needed in order to be married in a church. The concept of a ‘qualifying connection’ has been introduced.
Couples have a right to be married in the Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin, Holy Island providing they:
· Are Island residents
· Were baptized and/or confirmed in the parish
· Have lived in the parish for at least six months at any time during their life
· Have attended worship in St Mary’s for at least six months at any time
· Have parents who have lived or worshipped in the parish (during the child’s lifetime)
· Have parents or grandparents who were married in St Marys.
PCC / 2019